Under a sign head with the Bavarian pound signs in silver a golden reinforced red eagle with golden clover stalks on the wings.
The central figure is the red eagle with the clover stalks from the coat of arms of the zolleric mark counts of Bayreuth which viscount Friedrich von Nürnberg took over after achieving of the elector's dignity 1415 as a token of the Brandenburg March. Till 1791 the area of a circle was a principal item of the dukes, the today's capital town since 1542 seat of the baronial office and after 1603 also of the royal household. From the Prussian chamber offices of Bayreuth and pasture mountain the Bavarian district courts of the same name were formed in 1812. In 1862 one combined them to the district velvet Bayreuth whose parish grown in 1929 with the abolition of the district Berneck corner considerably. Already in 1857 there had come to the district court (elder order) pasture mountain the municipalities Fichtelgebirge, Oberwarmensteinach, Lienlas, Reislas, Kirchenpingarten, Kirchenlaibach and Tressau from formerly Super Palatinate office Kemnath.
The sign head with the Bavarian pound signs refers to the past of this area in the east share of the administrative district under Wittelsbachers rule. They symbolize at the same time the newer state development in the eastern Upper Franconia since the integration of the principality Bayreuth in the kingdom Bavaria in 1810. The new flag of a circle shows two stripes in the colors Red and white.